Friday, July 13, 2012

Pre race day

First pre-race day in almost 5 weeks.  I'm scheduled to race a 400m tomorrow in Franklin, TN.  There will be no competition as the next fastest qualifier runs about a 62.  

I am concerned with the soreness in my previously injured ham.   It's not bad and not abnormal after running a full blast 400, but I wonder if it may now be more vulnerable to injury.   I really only felt stress on it on the first turn which I run at nearly top speed out of the blocks.  After that it was ok.   I'm going to the track tonight to do a warmup and starts.  I'll see how it feels later and update when I get back to the 'Boro.  

I'm planning on some massage and stretching today.   I was reading about therapeutic massage for injury recovery with Graston tools.  It is massage with hard implements designed to breakup scar tissue and promote proper healing for athletes with less chance of reinjury.   I've used plastic and foam rollers, but now my prefered massage device is a flat handle wooden spoon with Tiger balm ... after sitting in the hot tub.   It seems to wok really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment