Monday, July 2, 2012

5s again - even earlier

Got to the Sewanee track at 4:35am.  It was completely different than the previous 2 mornings, about 76º but cloudy and very breezy.   I had the place to myself and in the dark, with the big trees whipping in the wind, it was downright spooky.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
3 x 500m - 82, 83, 87 
300m - 43.5
Was going to do another 300 but my clicky knee convinced me to save it.   This was my third consecutive day on the track.   I've run 5 track days and 1 day of stadium steps in the past week.   Since my injury, I've done 3 days of 800s, 3 of 600s, and 3 of 500s.  Tomorrow, I think I'll do stairs again and resistance.

There has been slow improvement in the ham injury, can now do 90º+ leg swings with only slight pain.    I think by week's end I can start running fast 400s and by next week, return to the blocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment