Friday, July 13, 2012

Pre race day update

Good to go!

I hit the Dean Hayes track at sunset tonight for a light workout.  Everything felt good.  I was worried about the ham, but it felt fine under load and now I'm confident.
600m warmup, stretches, drills 
Puma spikes on 
2 x 100m striders ~ 14 
3 x 60m starts from blocks on the curve 
200m from blocks - 26

The last 200m run was at 97% - or 400m race pace.  It felt fine and not overly taxing.   It was an honest 26 flat - reacting from blocks to my beep timer start.  I concentrated on form and float and it went well.   No serious pain or issues.

In the back of my mind, I would really love to break my state meet record from last year: 56.09.   It would be a tall order considering this will be my first meet back from a serious injury.  I said I'd be happy with anything under 57.

A big plus is my weight and general fitness.  I am 139.4 lbs - very low body fat.  Haven't been this light since April.    We'll see what happens.

I really don't want to run the 800m but something keeps nagging me to do it.   It will definitely be well out of my comfort zone.   I'm sure to rig up and it'll hurt.   I'll cross that bridge later.

So, tomorrow... my first goal is to not get hurt and have a good dress rehearsal for the Nationals.  After this weekend, I'll have 2 full weeks + a few days to train for the Nationals.

No comments:

Post a Comment