Monday, July 9, 2012

6s at 6

I got to the Sewanee track about 5:30am, it was clear, 73º.

I was going to run another fast 800m today but I bailed after 600, seeing I wouldn't beat yesterday's time and decided to do more quantity.  Heavier today after yesterday's birthday dinner.
450m warmup, stretches, drills 
Puma spikes on 
50m strider 
4 x 600m - 1:43, 1:44, 1:51, 1:47 
200m - 27.5
It was hard, and a bit faster than my previous 600 sessions... and I did 4.  I'll probably do one similar  workout tomorrow and then go for more speed on Wed and/or Thurs.   My knee tells me I should take a day off this week.

Regular registration for Masters Nationals closes today in a few hours.   The "bad news" for us struggling middle-aged 400m sprinters is that world silver medalist, C. Moody has entered.   Running 52 last year in the World games, no one will touch him, especially me.   This should be a very competitive 400 field, going to be really tough to win a medal this year.

Going back to Murfreesboro today.  Will workout Tues and Wed there.   I'm thinking some blocks and a 400m event run for Wed.  The heat is supposed to break.   But... when is my day off?  If my wheels hold up for 5 days in a row of workouts, on Friday - pre race day, I'll take it easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment