Friday, February 3, 2012

Stadium stair sprints x 20 w/ high knees


Cold sunny morning, 37º at 7:30am.

Today, I did 20 stadium stair sprints, but this time, I concentrated on high knees, arm movement, and good in-line form. These were more exhausting than previous stair runs because of the emphasis on high knees and speed, not just seeing how many I could do. After 10, I thought I was going to fold. I tried to imagine myself running the last 80m of a 400m while doing these.

The groin is better, tempted to race tomorrow, but better not. I think I'll do some resistance and hiking tomorrow; running workouts Sun, Tue, and Thurs. Resistance is the best way for me to target muscle and tendon weakness and imbalance so as to ward off injury.

After eating heavily for a few days, I ate light yesterday and am back to a nominal 138.4 lbs after workout. I think I could live off fish, spinach, and sweet potatoes.


1 comment: