Saturday, February 25, 2012

Meet report: PR in the 55m

Sewanee Indoor Invitational.

Fastest 55m yet.


7.32 moves me up to third ranking in the USA M50, although this weekend, many more results will be coming in. Beat my best from last season by 0.11.
(photo: I'm in lane 1)

Also improved in the 200m to 25.55 ... not bad for a 160m track. The turns were tight and unbanked.

It was nice to run in Sewanee, actually beat 5 guys in the 200 and a few in the 55. A nice fast track for a 55m. Pretty crazy for a 200. One guy in the lane next to me in my 200m heat took a practice start up to the turn and turned around and said... "Man, I don't know about this." The angle of lean required to sprint these turns was unlike any track I've run. Nevertheless, my time was actually .11 faster than my ill fated 200m Nationals Final.

It felt good. I did feel some joint pain in the left hip and knee in between races. Nothing serious but it got me thinking about what someone said about using up my 'joint budget.' Not sure if I should run 3 or 4 events on Friday in Louisville. We'll see.

These times lead me to believe that I have not yet peaked as a masters sprinter. It is inevitable that I will begin to decline... and soon. What's more notable, as a highschool athlete, I ran 6.6 hand timed at this distance - converts to 6.95 FAT. That means I'm near 95% of my highschool speed at this distance.

Sunday, I think I'll take a day off.

Photo: end of my 200m race, (the college guy edged me out at the finish)

No comments:

Post a Comment