Sunday, February 19, 2012

Long sprints in the fog


It was ethereal. Probably some of the worst conditions I've faced on the track. 32º and windy, dense fog with visibility less than 100m, freezing drizzle and snow. At times like this ... Sewanee sometimes reminds me of upstate NY.

I parked my car near the track so I could change my shoes and rest in between reps in the car. The windblown freezing drizzle was pretty horrible down the homestretch. I ran in short tights, long sleeve tech T, and gloves, keeping the sweats on til the last moment.

I did a brief workout. I ran an 800m sprint at near maximum effort today to start, followed by some 400s. I set the Gymboss to pace my 200s: 33, 34, 38, 34 or a goal of 2:19 (67, 72). I came up short, I ran 68, 77. I think I can do better, perhaps in less severe conditions. I did run it as a sprint. All on my toes, and I used my Asics spikes.

800m warmup, minimal stretches

Asics spikes on

800m - 2:25 (68, 77)

2 x 400m - 67. 67.5

about 5 min rest between

Wanted to do more so maybe I'll also run tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment