Wednesday, February 1, 2012

No meet this weekend

It's Wednesday and my groin is still slightly sore so I'm not going to compete this weekend in Sewanee. (Shouldn't have run that 200m on Sunday). Don't want to push it. That will allow me to get some good training in before the 2/11 Valentine Invitational at MTSU where I'll run the 55m and the 400m.

Also, as a replacement, I may do the Mason-Dixon Games on 3/2. It's a wood track but it's banked and the 200m is the first event - not the last, as in most track meets. It's a Friday night Masters meet, not competitive but FAT timed.

So, my schedule looks like:

2/11 - MTSU Valentine Invitational (55, 400)
2/25 - Sewanee Invitational (55, 200)
3/2 - Mason Dixon Games (55, 200, 400)
3/16-18 - USATF Masters Nationals

Today, I hope to run some distance, nothing fast - probably 800s, maybe some resistance. I had a student cancel so I only work 2 hrs today. It may seem weird for a 400m sprinter to be running distance but I feel as if I never get enough aerobic foundation work. In the Bill Collins workout grids (that begin in Sept), he does foundational mileage for nine+ weeks.

Despite gorging myself yesterday, I'm still just 139.4 lbs. this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment