Thursday, February 23, 2012

New practice spikes






I got these 'Saucony Showdown' spikes to replace my Adidas Demolisher practice spikes.


They had this hideous orange color on sale cheap, so I snagged 'em. Their more popular and better looking green and silver cost $30 more, so I got the ugly ones.


I will still probably prefer the Nike R3 Superflys for racing, especially because I like the risers and they are light. But these Sauconys have a unique 10-spike! plate and are supposed to be good for curves. I may put 1/4" pins in 'em and use them on the boards in Louisville next Friday. I've never seen a sprint spike with 10 removable spikes in each shoe. I really like that the outside edge of the shoe has 4 spikes back to front. The Nikes have 3.

They look a lot like the old comfy Adidas with the zipper flap, and they are supposed to be durable. Better yet, they are a $100 shoe I got for less than $40. The Adidas are beginning to rip out on the outside edge. They've served me well.





No comments:

Post a Comment