Monday, February 13, 2012

Road work

On a gray cold day, I hit the pavement for some fast long sprints with ample recovery. Kind of a 'long sprint endurance' workout. Without much warmup, save for dynamic stretches, I hit it:
Dynamic stretches

800m - 2:32

600m - 1:53

800m - 2:32

600m - 2:01

Strangely enough, the first one felt the hardest. The rest, not so bad. Took several minutes recovery beween and used the Gymboss to help with pace.

Yesterday, I splurged on food. Toast with butter, cookies, chocolate, ice cream! , etc... Ballooned up to 144 lbs by bedtime. No problem, back to a nominal 139.4 lbs after workout ... and a few trips to the bathroom. When I eat like that, I usually 'take the day off' from bad eating the next day and eat light or fast. That's why I can eat just about anything now and not gain weight.

I see long time sprint champ M. Waller has weighed in this season with the fastest time in the M50 200m - pushing my season ranking to 4th. Looking forward to the next 2 meets where I'll be focused on the shorter sprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment