Thursday, July 7, 2011

Stairs = strength


Up at 5am, walked into Johnny Floyd Stadium at 5:40, just after sunrise.

Twice around the football field for a warmup, dynamic stretches and a few drills, then up...

60m stair runs x 21

Unlike other stair runs I've done, no rest at the top or bottom, just walk down. This (21) is the most I've done, we'll see if I'm sore.

I'll do some upper body resistance later today and some swimming.

Still heavy, 142.6 this morning, coming down slowly. The ab continues to improve. Hope to do an endurance workout tomorrow and rest Sat.


1 comment:

  1. Just started following your site a few days ago. Good luck with the ab recovery (and the likely soreness from all of those stairs :) ).

    I am 44 and have never been much of a runner (much less a sprinter), but am working at it now (along with CrossFit).

    ...Tim

    ReplyDelete