Tuesday, July 19, 2011

End of season intervals

Nice morning, 72º. The track was wet from sprinklers but the humidity was fairly low.

I wasn't feeling super good this morning at the track at 5:10 am. My calves were sore from the 100+ heal raises with weight I did on Sun and the speed work from Mon. My abs still a bit sore also. However, after warmup, it got better ... as it always does. I normally would have waited a day for this workout, but I wanted to get it in so I have recovery time for the upcoming meets.



800m warmup, dynamic stretches, drills

Adidas spikes on

75-80% sprints:
6 x 200m - one minute rest in between - 31 avg.

85% sprints:
300m - 43
200m - 29

Spira training shoes on

400m sprint jog and backpeddling

The 200s were surprisingly hard, I was really puffing before starting the last one and I thought I could get 8, but no way. I rested 5 min and then reminded myself how to run fast with a 300m. I followed it up with a relaxed 200m emphasizing form.

Well, that's a wrap. I always think I could have done more. The rest will be mental and technical. I'll do my usual stretching , drills and one set high rep resistance bands Wed. Technique and starts on Thurs and Fri.

Weight is 139.

Whatever happens, its been quite a journey.


2 comments:

  1. William,

    Congrats on all the hard work. You have certainly put yourself in a position to do well.

    All the best,

    ...Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tim,
    Now comes the fun part.

    ReplyDelete