Friday, July 22, 2011

Pre race day 7/22/11


The day before the TN Senior Games, I'm thinking .... "it's been a while." I've not run in a track meet for a month, not since the AL Games in Birmingham. The concerns I have are that 1) I'm running the 400 and 100 tomorrow and I've not run anywhere approaching 100% sprint in some time, and 2) the ab soreness persists, although not debilitating. Other than that, I feel pretty good. I've got my race body on, my weight is 137.2 after this morning's workout and I'm ready to blast tomorrow.

I tried to sleep "late" this morning. Out of habit, I was up at 4:30am but managed to get back to sleep until 5:40. I got to the track for a light workout just after 6am.

1200m warm up, sprint-jog, dynamic stretches, drills

Nike spikes on

2 x 100m striders

10 starts with recorded commands on the curve with 50m run

2 x 100 striders on the curve

300m at 85%

training shoes on

400m cool down and stretches

I had to remind myself that running a 400m sprint is a bitch, no matter how much training, so I did that last 300m fairly fast. Didn't bring my watch but I think it was about 60 pace for a 400. I was also reminded of how tiring my warmup is. Jogging/sprint-jogging a half mile, doing 150+ leg swings, stretches, drills, etc... Never fails to get me soaked.

Also, it seems as I may have solved the breaking spike riser problem. I put 3 coats of super glue on the one that breaks and so far it has stood up in practice. So, I coated several.

I'm going to visit the track tonight and register if I get there before 6. I'm curious to see if there is any sign of an electronic timing system. Forecast for tomorrow is mid 90sº, heat index 105º. Not like I haven't seen that before at a meet .




No comments:

Post a Comment