Monday, August 5, 2024

Another hard climb

Didn't bike yesterday so today I put some effort into it.  It was my quickest although definitely far from an all-out effort, 4 min slower than my PR but faster than any I've done past few weeks.

Roark's Cove Rd climb - 22:54 min

Max HR - 188

Avg HR - 169

HR over 170 - 15:36

HR over 180 - 1:10 + 1:30 + 3:34 = 6:14

Avg speed = 6.20 mph 

I didn't rest much before the steeps and had 3 hard periods of over 180, as shown above.  Might be the most time over 180 in any climb I've measured.  

May do a brief running turf interval workout tomorrow or Wed.  

1 comment:

  1. As much as I berated you on zone 2 training, I don’t do it. I did last summer but I hated it as it seemed without purpose. And I got out of shape for hard efforts. I don’t do it at all now - at least not purposely. I’m swimming twice a week and I’m not killing myself there but I can’t really tell what zone I’m in. Plus it uses up knee budget and if I do several zone 2’s a week plus hard efforts I get sore. I’m not going to live a long life anyway so it doesn’t matter to me. Just want to enjoy my sports.

    ReplyDelete