Tuesday, August 27, 2024

2x150

Hottest day of the year, hit the low 90ºs today in Sewanee (over 100ºF in the cities).   I was able to tolerate 2x150s on the track today, but they were slow, painful, and clunky.  My right foot is still tender from the hiking in France.  I tried some new taping techniques with rigid tape but it didn't help all that much.  It really tugged on my lower calf area.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 100m 

Hoka Rocket X2s on

150m - 22.63

bands

150m - 22.31

100m strider on turf

Actually felt better when I did those 4x100m tempo set on turf before I left on Aug 8.  It's going to take a while before I can really train, and I probably should stay on turf for the next month.  Plan on doing just once a week through Sept.  Need to ramp up the cross training on the bike. 

Definitely in poor shape.  Was going to run a 3rd 150, but I waited a long time in the sun for my HR to go below 150.  Only when I sat down would it go to 140.  Soon as I stood up, it would go back up over 150, and this was several minutes after my 2nd 150.  I waited too long and my foot started hurting so I had to wrap it up with just a 100m stride on turf.  Really running gingerly at this point.  I really wish I could train without this foot pain.  

Losing 5 lbs would help.  I'm 144.8 after workout, even after drinking a liter of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment