Sunday, February 18, 2024

hometown meet

I said I'd never race a long sprint on Sewanee's tiny flat 160m indoor track because a good time isn't possible...  5 turns for a 400m and just a 22m straightaway.  But I did, and it went pretty much as expected.  Ran a 60.56, which would still be #1 in US, despite the slow track.  It was a decent workout on a really cold day, and a luxury to run in a track meet just 12 min from my house.   I actually finished ahead of a few college guys, real stragglers.  My 62nd college meet over age 50, and my 5th 400 of the season.  

Tough place to race because there is no place to really warmup, I was running 20m sprints in a back hallway.  










































Masters Rankings

Still #1 in US in the 400m, but knocked down a peg in the World Rankings to #3 as Mike V. posted a 58.74,  0.10 ahead of my SB.   R. White also broke 59 with a 58.93.  Nationals registration deadline is a 4 days away.  The competition should become clearer by then and whether we have the horses to attempt a WR 4x4.  

No meets til a possible Berry College outdoor meet on March 2.   That very much depends on the weather and getting permission to enter.  I've never been denied entry there so, I expect I'll run.  I have an opportunity for a good 2 week training cycle before then.   With the consecutive days of training and so many meets, my foot is a bit sore so will not run til tomorrow, Monday.  



No comments:

Post a Comment