Sunday, February 4, 2024

3x300 tempo, weight pulls, wood

 Forecast was for rain today in the afternoon.   Didn't rain at all but was the typical cold winter day, mid 40ºs, cloudy, winds from the NE.   I was still feeling that injury slightly, the L proximal ham (butt) that I felt last Friday, but it was much improved.  Yesterday, it was noticeably sore, so I did a hard bike climb up the mountain, less than 21 min.

I thought about doing a 4x3w/3 tempo set but I got a little too fast on #2 and had to bail.  I did so because I didn't want to push it today and wanted to do a few weight pulls and... I expect to be back out tomorrow with sunny and 60º expected.  I may run race pace.  

I did hamper myself a bit for tomorrow by working after the track session.  I cut, split, and stacked about 2/3 face cord of wood.  Feet were pretty sore afterward.  Did some heavy lifting and carrying.  Good thing it didn't rain as forecast.  

Very happy that that injury appears to be nothing, although bears watching, and a reminder to not over stretch.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 100m, bands, 50m

Hoka Rocket X2s on

3x300m w/ 3 min rest - 49.91, 48.84, 51.35 (50.03 avg)

2x50m weight pulls w/ 90 lbs

139.0 lbs after workout.  

Workout schedule will be difficult after Wed.  I expect to be on the track Mon and Wed... but then Friday is a travel day.   Only options are Thurs morning at MTSU 8:30 am, Thurs night indoor in Sewanee, or a very early workout outdoor Friday morning.  I have to leave Sewanee on Friday by 10am, which means being on the track by 8am, and the forecast at this point shows 47º and 60% chance of rain.   Don't really want to do nothing for 3 days before the Sunday meet.  Thursday is tough because I work 8.5 hrs that day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment