Thursday, February 8, 2024

4x200 tempo

Nice Wed morning at the Sewanee track, mid - upper 50ºs, winds light and variable.  I knew this was going to be a hard one... the dreaded 4x200m intensive tempo, but it's over fast.  Can't imagine a comparable 3 1/2 min workout that's as tough as this one.  

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drills, 100m, bands, 50m

100m - 14.50

Hoka rocket X2s on

4 x 200m w/ 60 sec rest - 30.40, 31.53, 31.36, 31.96 (avg 31.30)

These were about on par with the set of 4x2w/1 that I did just before Poland.   I also did this set (.7) slower 2 days before running that super fast 300m.  So, I'm in ok shape.  

139.3 lbs after workout. Still feeling a dull soreness in my butt.  Same proximal ham that I irritated but it's not functionally preventing me from training or racing, doesn't hurt under load.  

Not much chance to train before Sunday's meet.   Tomorrow is tough because I work for 9 hrs but possible in the early morning at MTSU or late tomorrow night at the gym.  Other option is 8am Friday morning in Sewanee but it's supposed to be 60% chance rain, 48º.   See how I feel.   Have to leave Sewanee by 10:30am Friday to catch my plane.  

SE Masters
I signed up for the 400m and 200m, but I may scratch the 200m.  Not much time in between.  Unprofessionally, the meet is not seeding the long sprints.  Meet director is a distance runner and the meet timer doesn't give a shit.   There you have it... that's why I like college meet and the timers here in this area.  They generally run things professionally.   Probably won't matter that much because there are only 4 people in the 400m.   Watch me get lane 3... lol



No comments:

Post a Comment