Tuesday, February 13, 2024

3x300,2x200 tempo

Sunny, 43º with a NW wind at the Sewanee track today.  Felt very much like winter, but not bad training weather except the track was wet after last nights rain and snow.  I did quite a bit of volume today, a little more than originally planned.   I did 5 sprints w/ 3 min rest between.   Actually, I wanted to do a 4x300m but I pulled up 100m short on #4 when it became apparent I wouldn't break my season PR on the set.  I would have needed to run under 52 on the last one.  Again, started a bit too fast.  So, I rested 3 min and ran a second 200m.  It was tough.

Hoka trainers on 

stretches, drills, bands, 100m

100m - 14.85

Hoka rocket x2s on

3 x 300m, 2 x 200m w/ 3 min rest between - 47.98, 48.93, 50.93, 34.66, 33.44 

It was a good hard set.  Can hardly feel the proximal ham soreness anymore, completely gone after warmups.  

138.8 lbs after workout.

Schedule:

I said I would never run at a Sewanee indoor meet again but I signed up for this Sat. to run the 400m.  I looked back and surprisingly, I haven't raced a 400m indoors in 10 yrs on this track.   Last time I raced, I did the 55m.   In 2014 I ran two 400m races in there, 58.31 and 57.88.    Since I pay on site, I could scratch without paying.  The very slow track is a flat 160m track with 22.5m straights and 57.5m turns, it's like running around in a circle.  If you run in lane one, a 400m is 287.5m of turn and 112.5m of straight.  5 turns.   Hard on the body.  Won't run a good time in there, be real lucky to break a minute.  Probably won't.  

My thinking is, I'm fit, I'm not doing anything that day and it's supposed to be very cold with wind chills at or below freezing.  If I don't do it now, I may never do it.  So, one more 400m on that shitty track. Maybe.  I seeded myself at 59.22 so hopefully will get into a slow heat.    

Will only do 2 workouts this week.  Today and Thurs.  Thursday will be tough but will probably opt to do it before work at 8am, or on the indoor track at 9pm that night.   Both options are tough because I work my long day then.   


  

1 comment:

  1. Always enjoy and also learn from your detailed posts on your workouts. I know how much time posting can take, but I believe reflecting on our workouts is also a part of the training we do to pursue our goals in track and field. Thanks for posting. I often try the same workouts but with more rest between intervals and often less volume.

    ReplyDelete