Monday, December 25, 2023

Xmas morning sprints 8x100m tempo

With rain threatening, I was out the door at 6:40am to the Villages track.  Still dark, mid 60ºs, cloudy and humid.  The Villages Track Club was supposed to be there, but no one showed up.  6 yrs ago, I trained on Xmas morning on this same track with the club.  I did not one person, not even one car drove by in the 15 min+ I waited.  I was really tempted to jump the fence, but being a stranger in a strange land, I worried about being charged with trespassing, as I don't know the local protocols.   So, about 7:15, at dawn, I drove several miles to the Sumter youth soccer facility.  I was the only one there.  Light rain started.  I warmed up under a pavilion and ran a 100m warmup, then a 100m stride.  It did not feel good.   The turf was dug up by rodents in some sections and wet, so I thought I should just stretch a bit and leave.  But I found a 100m stretch that was pretty level and firm and decided I should do something.   Glad I did.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, 2 x 100m

8 x 100m w/ 30 sec rest on turf ~ 16.5

I contacted Rick R. from the Villages track club and told him they were slackers for not being there.  He says it is "the only day they officially have off."   I sent him a photo of me doing a workout on Xmas morning on that same track 6 yrs ago.   "Must be a new rule," I said.  

About 141 lbs after workout.

There is a new indoor track facility in Gainesville, FL.  There are having the SE Masters Championship there on Feb 11, so I bought a ticket and rented a car... super cheap, $290 for both car and flight.  Plus I can visit my parents again.

LOCKED OUT!



Plan B: Sumter Co. Soccer Field


No comments:

Post a Comment