Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Indoor Schedule 2024

I actually bought a ticket to attend the USATF SE Masters Indoor Championships in Gainesville, FL in Feb., so I can visit my parents again.  I also registered for the Jan 5 meet at the Crossplex.  

So here are the meet possibilities:

Jan 5 - Birmingham AL vs South

Jan 12 - Vanderbilt (DI college meet) 

    *or

Jan 14 - Birmingham Emory (DII & III college meet)

Jan 28 - Birmingham Coach Miami

Feb 11 - Gainesville, SE Masters

March 3 - (outdoor) Rome, GA, Berry College

March 21-24 - Chicago, USATF Indoor Championships 

I haven't raced at Vandy in several yrs and they're now under new management, entirely female staff.  Entry does not seem to be restricted or by permission, yet.   It is a 300m flat track, very fast, my masters PR of 55.11 is on that track from 2015.   If I could race there, I would likely not race at Birmingham 2 days later.  

The Chicago trip will be more expensive than usual due to the urban situation, so I may not risk injury and run a 200m before Nationals, although I will likely sign up for it at SE masters.   That gives me 4 or 5 races before Nationals.   Berry College has an early outdoor meet but if it's cold and windy or rainy as is often the case, I may not go.  

As I have said, I will likely wind down my competition for the year in April with maybe the local college meet and Penn Relays on April 25.   That will likely be it and I'll start thinking about Nationals in '25 at Mt SACs in CA when I move up to M65 and again do battle with Ron H. and Ben J. 


No comments:

Post a Comment