Tuesday, November 29, 2022

200, 4x150 tempo - first consecutive day

Nice day today but with rain coming tonight.  After cutting and stacking some logs this morning, I decided to give a go on the track, second day in a row.  Low 60ºs, shifting and sometimes gusty winds, hazy sun.  

Wasn't sure if i would run today, but decided to do it after a warmup.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100m, bands, stick massage

200m - 29.07

4x150m w/ 30 sec rest (on turf)  - avg ~ 24 

The first 200m was a warmup and it seemed way harder than it should have been considering the time.  I thought I might continue on to do a 400m, but decided not.   I decided to take advantage of the empty field and do a tempo set of 150s.  A workout I did a lot in the preseason in fall 2020.   It went well.  My first and last 150s were mid 23s, my 2nd and 3rd were mid 24s.  

I was telling Stephen that I thought I'd never get my speed back, he said that in his experience, it'll come but it just takes longer each year.   I hope that my foot will adapt to the work and I'll get mentally tougher to tolerate the work.  

Will be back out Thurs or Fri.  

142.2 lbs after workout.  




No comments:

Post a Comment