Tuesday, November 1, 2022

600, 300, 200

70º and mostly sunny in Sewanee with a light NE wind.  This is the 4th such workout like this I've done since Sept.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

600m - 1:48.13 (34.28, 37.23, 36.62 / 71.51, 36.62)

300m - 44.81 (14.22, 14.75, 15.84)

200m - 28.31 (13.41, 14.90)

I as dreading the 600m but it was my fastest of the season by a small fraction, however, the 300 and 200 were markedly slowest of previous workouts.  Maybe because I did not use the Adidas for the shorter sprints?  I think the Rincons are better for my feet.  Or perhaps because I'm heavier today, 141 lbs after workout.  Also, was a bit cautious due to a little tightness in the left ham.  

Yesterday, I did a bike climb up Roark's cove in sub 24 minutes, and I did 4 x 30 single leg squats on Sunday.  Still, I feel I'm not yet in the training grove and have a long ways to go.  

Gained a bit of weight over the weekend, woke up at 144 this morning.  Paella and desserts.  Gotta cut that out.  

Planning a track workout on Fri and a big bike climb Sunday night up Raccoon Mtn, then another track workout probably Tues.   

Really beautiful here in Sewanee, lots of color still on the north slopes.

3 comments:

  1. This study found a surprising result of relatively high blood glucose levels in athletes. I think it means genetics more important than lifestyle. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1932296816648344

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not particularly concerned. My glucose has never tested above 100 previously and I can chalk this one up to a chocolate binge a few days before the test. I eat low carb and low sugar, and don't have a family history of hyperglycemia. My doc thinks it was an anomaly. In fact, I think blood work varies considerably per the time of day, amount of sleep, and various factors. I.E. ... My T has tested wildly different readings from 256 to 677, depending on time of day

      Delete
    2. T levels are hormone driven and are expected to vary widely. A overnight fast normalizes glucose level and fasted results are very stable for individuals unless they have a glycemic control issue. The test itself may have been flawed. Suggest A1c which provides a accurate average of the prior 3 months, most heavily weighted for the last six weeks. A chocolate binge several days before should be a non factor. You are probably right that it is a outlier but high glucose level has many damaging effects. Next physical suggest to ask for A1c. Much better test. Does not require fasting.

      Delete