Wednesday, December 1, 2021

couple short sprints

I did violate my recovery day but only did a couple short sprints.  Upper 50ºs and partly sunny at the SAS track.  I brought my spikes and ran a hard 200m.  First time in spikes since August.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drill, bands, 2 x 100m

100m - 13.90

Nike Maxfly spikes on

200m - 25.90

Hoka trainers on

100m (turn) - 14.50

I intended to run the 200m as a 400m race pace event run at about 27,  but way underestimated my speed.  Even though it was rolling, I still blasted the first 100m in 12.39.  

I still have a lot of work to do.  Don't feel in shape.  I did an ab routine yesterday and I think it may have irritated my pubalgia, but only slightly.  Not feeling it when I sprint.  My foot was feeling it after the 200m in spikes so I didn't do much after that except for a 100m strider on the turn.  

Will definitely take tomorrow off and hopefully do a tempo set on Friday.  There is an indoor track meet Friday night in Sewanee, funny because it's easily warm enough to have an outdoor meet.    

141.9 lbs after workout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment