Wednesday, December 29, 2021

First running

12 days post injury, running gingerly.  In FL at the soccer field, went through my usual warmup and some band work.  

On the advice of Dr. Allan, I started some slow running.  I was surprised at his guidance to begin running slowly asap.  He says it will assist in the healing.  (Allan is a World Champion 100m Masters sprinter in my age group, and an orthopedic surgeon, and a lot of personal experience with hamstring injuries).  

Far from normal, it's a start.  Being very cautious.  All running on turf.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands

2 x 100m - first 50m high knees

4 x 150m 

Running slowly in sprint form, fastest 150m was only about 28 sec.   Hopefully will be able to tolerate some 800s soon.  

Will be back in TN tomorrow and getting an MRI on Friday.  Hard to say how long it will be before I'm training full scale.  

Happy I did this workout and feel pretty good.  


No comments:

Post a Comment