Saturday, December 11, 2021

shake out, blocks

 After the warm night of rain and severe storms this morning, the temperature dropped into the upper 40ºs, cloudy and windy by late afternoon.  I thought it would be a good idea to do a little something today since I haven't run since Thurs.  I did bike up Roarkes Cove Rd in the fog yesterday, and a did a few exercises yesterday.  Third bike climb this week.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2 x 100m

100m stride on the turn

Nike Spikes on

3x starts from blocks

2 x 100m from blocks on the turn - 13.25, 13.22

I did this entire workout in sweats.  I didn't intend to run anything fast.  After the first 100m stride, I felt like maybe I shouldn't race tomorrow.  Definitely, long ways away from being in 400m shape.  

I wanted to just run 2 relaxed 100m from blocks in my spikes at near 400m pace which would be about 13 low.   I got it about right.  Second one felt better than the first.  

Not exceptionally light, 141.0 after workout - will probably be my race weight tomorrow.  

If I had to do it over, I would have passed on this meet since the next one on Sat the 18th, they are running the masters in the afternoon.  This meet, there are just a couple other masters and none running the 400m, so it will be a solo time trial, which I actually prefer because I'll have no kids to block me and I can run from lane 5.  If I'm given a choice whether to run alone or race with the kids, I will definitely choose to run alone.  I signed up for the 200m but got lane 3 so I doubt I'll stay for that.  The entire meet is a rolling schedule starting at 9am and it's totally impossible to plan when I might race.  I'd say sometime between 11:30-2:30.  I'll be in the last of 30 or so heats of the 400m.  I'll try to get there about 10 - 10:30ish.   


  

No comments:

Post a Comment