Friday, December 3, 2021

brief tempo

I probably should have taken today off but the weather was so perfect, 70º and partly sunny, light winds.  A shirtless training day in Dec.  I trained last week Mon, Wed,  Fri, Sun, then Tues, Wed and yesterday... I actually sprinted a quarter mile+ across campus to make it to a meeting on time.  But... today I felt ok.  

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

3 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 49.20, 49.28, 50.71

I think it's better that I didn't do 4X and did them faster instead.  Less is more for today.  If I pounded out a 4th, my foot would have suffered, but I think I did enough.   This great weather won't last into next week so I'm hoping to get workouts in on Sunday and Tues, despite rain and colder weather forecast for much of next week.   

I went to the Fowler Center and watched Sewanee's first indoor track meet.  The 400m guys were pretty impressive.  A kid from KY ran a 51.6 which is probably close to a facility record, very fast on that track.  The Sewanee kid ran a very respectable 55.25, and the slowest in the field was a 58.91.  

I later did sets of pecks, adds, abds, and abs (figure that one out).  

Getting down to race weight, but still a little soft.  Amazing I can still feel a little flab and weight 141.3 after workout.  Probably lost a little muscle in the off season.  Should be below 140 by race day in 8 days.  

Sewanee's policy on unattached athletes is pretty foggy.  There was one unattached athlete in the meet.  However it says in the meet info:  

"Unattached athletes are not permitted to compete."  

Then... it says: 

"Payment for unattached/open athletes must be made through DirectAthletics"

Huh? 

Don't know if I'll ask the coach to get into a meet, definitely not indoor but maybe outdoor.  There are lots of options for races indoors in Birmingham and Louisville. 

Here are the upcoming indoor meet possibilities... not that I'll race in all of these after the 12th:

12/12 - Birmingham

12/18 - Louisville and Birmingham

12/31 - Birmingham

1/7 - Birmingham

1/8 - Louisville

1/9 - Birmingham

1/15 - Birmingham

1/16 - Birmingham

1/22 - Nashville (Vandy)

1/23 - Birmingham

1/30 - Birmingham

... And this is just through January.  Not sure if the Vanderbilt meets in Nashville will be open to me, but it seems like there is a new meet director there and the DA listing says 'individual athletes' ... so we'll see.  That is a fast track and not too far away.





No comments:

Post a Comment