Wednesday, September 29, 2021

tempo 150s on turf, bike up the mtn

Stunningly beautiful and dry weather since the rain stopped last week.  Monday, I met Bill M. and we biked up Raccoon Mtn, and I spent the night on the river.   Beautiful as always.  Saw the usual bald eagles.  We hammered it much faster than last time, Bill made it up to East Overlook in 37 min, I was about 2 min behind him.  

Tuesday, I hit the stadium for some 150s - running diagonally across the field.   Nothing fast, as I can still feel the pubalgia issue.  I did decent volume.  

Hoka trainers on

2 x 4 x 150m w/30 sec rest ~ 25 - 25.5

I took 12-15 min in between sets as I chatted with my friend Dr. Scott.  He's an emergency room doc in Winchester.  He told me they had a 25 yr old died of covid over the weekend, and several others 'on the vent,' all ages.   I have two students out with covid, probably unvaxed.  Not smart.  

Today, I'm seeing my Dr. as a followup to the blood work.  Also, will get the shingles vax.  It's been exactly 6 months since my covid vax.  Waiting for the Moderna booster.  

Thursday looks good for stadium stairs at MTSU, but hot, in the low 80ºs by 6pm.   May keep the Sun, Tues, Thurs schedule and not go every other day.  

I'm noticeably fatter, even though I've gained just 3 to 4 lbs.  Scott noticed it as well.   When you train in sprinter tights,  every millimeter of fat shows, hanging over the sides of the pants.  This time of year, I enjoy things I give up all year, most notably, bread.  I've eaten a total of 7 baguettes in the past 2 weeks since my blood work.  I have once more, and will go back to the usual low carb diet when it's gone.  Good thing the local bread peddler is taking some time off.  The bread I have now comes from that excellent French bakery in Atlanta, Cafe Vendome.  I'm a connoisseur of good artisan bread.  The best French bread has just 4 ingredients: water, flour, salt, yeast.  You generally don't find this type of bread in supermarkets. 

Not too far gone, 142.2 lbs after workout.      

 


 


Masters Rankings
There was a dubious entry in Masters Rankings in the M60 200m.  A "David McKay" was credited with a WL time of 24.67.  I talked to Jim C. who was in the race, he said it was "an M50 guy who jumped into the lane."  'David McKay's time' was a WL by more than a half second, and he has no history at all as a masters competitor.   His other event was the javelin, in which he did poorly.  I reported it as a mistake, but mistakes like these are hard to prove once they are a part of the official timer's record.  I hope John Seto of Masters Rankings adequately investigates this, but he may not, and it may stand as WL time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment