Sunday, September 19, 2021

first intervals

Been raining here constantly since Saturday afternoon.  I was hoping to get some 200m hills in but the rain never stopped on Sat, but... it stopped for 30min on Sunday around 3 pm and I got my first running workout in after almost 5 weeks of no running.  Nothing fast, just a precursor warmup to begin again and a reminder, 'it goes away fast.'   

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m jog

10 x 100m on turf w/ 30 sec rest ~ 17-18 sec

It started raining again almost as soon as I finished this set.  It was a good calorie burn and got sweaty, but not real intense.  I think my pubalgia issue is 95% gone, I barely felt it.  

So, here it is mid September, and I'm beginning again.

Got heavy after my bread splurge late this week.  Up to over 145 lbs.  

Will do some resistance later this evening, maybe some band work, squats.  Still doing 20 pullups everyday, not as easy as it was several weeks ago.  

First meet of indoor season may be Dec 5 in Birmingham, just 11 weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment