Friday, September 17, 2021

Reminder... it goes away fast. Bike and Stadium stairs




Monday, biked up Raccoon Mtn, with Bill.  We did it at a fairly easy pace, about 42 min, where our PR is 35-36 min.   Beautiful morning views in the gorge.  I'll post some photos below.

Thursday, Stadium stairs at MTSU.  Not sure when the last time I ran stadium stairs but I think it may have been as long ago as April.  I can usually knock out 16-21X of these, but yesterday, a meager 13x and I was a quivering mess.  I really did the first 2 or 3 all out, probably too fast.   I've done as many as 30 in a session, with rest between sets.  We'll see if I get sore, but so far, ok.  Stadium stair training always gets the quads and calves.   

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 50m jog on turf

13x stadium stair sprints

It was much harder than any recent stair workout. 

The pubalgia issue is fading and I should be 100% by Oct.  I think I can start doing some easy running or hill running as often as every other day now.  


Schedule

It looks so far that early season indoor meets will be more plentiful in AL at the Crossplex than in Louisville at the Norton Center.  I may be able to race the first 2 weekends in Dec in AL.  We'll see.  Not much info yet.  

Health

Yesterday, I got another rescue injection for the carpal tunnel and when the effects wear off, I'll get the surgery.  I'm hoping it won't be until mid Nov.  I'm actually playing guitar pretty well now and hopefully get some recording done this month.  


Also, yesterday, I had fasting blood work, primarily for lipids, inflammation, and testosterone, the latter 2 my physician is not interested in but I am.  Having been on a plant based diet for 4 weeks prior to the test, it should tell conclusively if my cholesterol is 'diet-induced' or naturally produced by my liver.  I won't get the results til the end of the month. My first test came at a time I was training much harder, weighed a few lbs less and was eating lots of eggs and animal protein.  

I got tested Thursday morning, I had fasted Wed, eating only 2 apples the entire day, and Tues, just a bowl of lima beans.   By Thursday morning, I was just under 140lbs (139.9), I was starving and did a big diet cheat.  In the next 24 hrs I ate 2 Panera baguettes with reduced fat honey walnut cream cheese, and preserves.  Still under 144 today but glad I got that out of my system.  Back to the good diet.  

Raccoon Mtn on left.  Below, eagle in flight.






No comments:

Post a Comment