Tuesday, September 7, 2021

core work, bike, stairmaster

Since my last post, I've been biking up Roarkes Cove road, doing stiarmaster at the gym, and I've settled on a core strengthening regime designed to rehab the pubalgia strains that I have.  It's working.  Now, beyond 3 weeks of no running, I may start again with some jogs on turf or some stadium stairs next week.  I've said this repeatedly but.... even with all this exercise, I feel like I'm losing fitness because nothing compares with the HIIT long sprint interval training I do on the track.  

My new core routine involved an exercise I haven't done much before - planks.  These are isometric poses that engage the core.  I do prone and side planks.  2 min prone, 1:50 side.  

Also, doing a lot of abductor exercises with bands.  I think I may have an imbalance with my adductors being stronger than my abductors and my ham/glute much stronger than my quad/hip flexors.  So, working on that.  Also doing these twisting exercises with bands that engages abs, abductors, and obliques.  Still doing 20-22 pullups on the bar everyday.  

Next thing I want to do is to go to the track and do my typical pre workout warmup with stretching, bands, and drills but no running.   Won't be long before the long slog toward 400m fitness starts again.  

The weather has been beautiful.  Planning another Raccoon mtn bike climb on Monday.  

Congrats to Mike V. of the UK who became only the third M60 guy to run sub 58 in the 400m this year with a 57.64.  

No comments:

Post a Comment