Friday, May 15, 2020

300s, 200. Nat'ls officially canceled

Feels like summer finally but not hot.  Calm, dry, and low 70ºs at the Sewanee track.  When I got to the track, I found 2 young adults and 4 kids riding bicycles on the track.  As I walked to my warmup spot, I called the Sewanee police.  They came halfway through my warmup and cleared the track.

As expected, the USATF Masters Outdoor Championship for July was officially canceled today.

Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 300m w/ 2:30 rest - 46.41, 46.69 
300m - 44.87 
200m - 26.90

Got my road bike retooled and tuned with some hill gears and pedals, so I'm going to ramp up the cross training and start getting on the bike for some hill climbs up Roark's Cove Rd and Raccoon Mtn.   I'm going to ramp up my strength training and focus on getting ready for a July race.   Looking forward to seeing what I've got.   See if my body holds up.  Could be leaner and stronger.  145.8 lbs after workout. 

Besides the training, I'll have a lot of structure in my life due to this online teaching at MTSU.   I hate online teaching, it's time consuming, but the $ is very good.  This continues to be a very fruitful year... Sewanee teaching, MTSU overload pay, MTSU summer online teaching, and yearly bonus.  If it weren't for this pandemic, I'd be paying off my house this summer, but under the circumstances, I think it's good to have a years salary+ in  the bank.  No one knows how bad this pandemic and depression could get.   Still feel pretty safe up here, and very lucky.  May wait til early next yr to make the house payoff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment