Sunday, May 24, 2020

Another hill climb

I went to the track yesterday and did a full warmup, but decided to do another hill climb on the bike instead.  It wasn't my fastest but close, under 24 minutes.

I've been slacking a bit on my resistance work but I expect to pick that up this week, drop a few pounds and start getting ready to race in July.  I'm at a decent basic fitness level now.  What I mean by 'basic fitness' is that I could break 60 in a 400m, but to get to that next level of sub 58, that's going to take 5-6 weeks of increased training.  If I feel like it's injurious, I'll back off, but I think this week on the turf and off the track has been good, as well as the few workouts with 3 days rest in between, and the cross training on the bike.

Moving forward, I really will need to pick my battles and cross train a lot.  It has been suggested by Ken Stone at Masters Track Blog, that international Masters Championships may be not held for years until a vaccine in introduced.  I think that is possible, but worst case.   More likely, the indoor season will be affected.

New Supplement 
I'm taking a regime of joint health supplements including collagen peptides (40g/ day), and glucosamine.  One I recently added was hyaluronic acid.  It's a natural lubricant and is not only great for the joints, but also topically as a facial / skin moisturizer.  It's contained in a lot of products but sometimes it's not clear how much.  I bought the pure hyaluronic acid powder and am taking at least 3 grams a day by capsule.  Combining it with water creates a clear gel, similar to aloe vera, and I use it as a daily face moisturizer.  Great stuff!

I'll be back to running today, on the turf.

No comments:

Post a Comment