Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday - back at it

I did some pool work yesterday, the flutter kicking seemed like the perfect exercise for my quad.   It felt better afterward.  

After my concert tonight, I hit the Dean Hayes track at sunset, very warm, mid 80ºs.  Left quad felt fine, right quad almost there.  So, didn't want to run too fast.
600m warmup on grass, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
400m - 60 
2 x 300m - 44, 45 
Saucony Virratas on 
100m strider
I was going to do more but I felt a slight twinge in my right quad when dialing it up on the last 100m in the second 300, so I shut it down.  It's not bad.  

It seems that the chronic ankle soreness is from running left turns, so I ran a 100m turn the 'other way' in training shoes and wow, it felt great.   Like running on air.  There is no coincidence that the inside right ankle gets stressed on the turn, the spike riser on that shoe on the outside always breaks - same place where the broken metatarsal is that put me out in '13.  That part of the anatomy gets pounded.   Theresa suggested that I train running the opposite way.   Feels so weird but it may be a good idea.

142 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment