Thursday, June 26, 2014

Last workout

And it wasn't much....

Just a few sprints and blocks at the Dean Hayes track tonight.  Even saw the man himself there ... Coach Hayes.  Hope he never retires.

Feeling a little achey, which is to be expected ... it has occurred to me that I've been training for 11 months with very little down time.
500m warmup, stretches, drills  
2 x 200m - 28.5, 27.5 
several block starts + 30 - 40m 
Thought about form a lot in my runs.   My form generally sucks.  It gets really bad when I'm fatigued.  My legs come apart and my stride loses length... too much outward rotation of my hips.

Looking forward to Saturday's final hurrah.  Not expecting any great times, just to experience it all one more time.   It's going to be hard next week staying away from the track.   Hope I can do it.  I'll bring my bike.




1 comment:

  1. your bike is a classic, hang on to it. but if you aren't going to get a new performance oriented bike, consider investing a total of about $500 in cleats and shoes. they make a big difference, not only in performance, but leg development as you can better use the entire leg muscle

    ReplyDelete