Tuesday, June 24, 2014

One last week

Last significant workout of the season... as it seems as I've decided to race one more weekend.

Relatively cool for a summer night at the Dean Hayes track.   77ยบ breezy with showers.   I did a substantial speed endurance workout and the injuries were noticeable, but no where near as bad as Sunday.
500m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
500m - 79.5 
400m - 60.5  
300m - 43

I kept fairly even splits on all these runs, about 16/15/14 100m pace for 500/400/300.   I'm still in fairly good shape but I couldn't run near max today because of slight injuries, no event runs.

I may have one more decent 400 in me.   No expectations for this meet... my 12th outdoor meet of the season, 19th including indoor.   I feel I've already peaked this season but I'll give it a go one last time.   Marcus and Don will be there and so far, it looks like a small turnout.  I'll enjoy chasing Marcus around the track again....

I'm a decent weight, 141.5 after workout... 2 lbs lighter than Sunday when I raced.

The sky was nice tonight with the sunset and a purple sky of thundershowers threatening.   End of season is at hand.



1 comment:

  1. So, you're going to give it a go. I understand your decision but moreover, I'm continually impressed with your 'passion' for this activity and a good number of other activities in your life. You truly live 'it' to the fullest and we'll always be proud you, .004 short or not!!!!

    ReplyDelete