Sunday, June 8, 2014

Last Sewanee workout of the season

Did sprints with limited rest tonight at the Sewanee track. Wasn't alone, there were some walkers tonight. It was nice, low 70ºs and less humid than Sat. night. I was tired after the 200s and I wanted to do more but was still sore from Thursday races. I really need to take it easy this week.  Did some 100s focusing in form.
 600m warmup, stretches, drills  
Saucony spikes on  
5 x 200m w/ 45 sec rest - 29, 30, 30, 31, 31.5  
3 x 100m on turf - 13.5, 13, 13 
 It was so nice, I probably would have stayed til dark, but I began feeling some new soreness in the quads during my 100s.  The red bug infestation of the track is gone, and lacrosse equipment on the turf has been put away.  With the cool evening weather, it was a nice environment to burn some rubber.

 I'll take a day off tomorrow from the track, and do some prehab resistance tomorrow night.  Probably light workouts and blocks Tues, Thurs.  As a precaution, I should wrap for every workout for the next two weeks ... as I can count on one hand the number of workouts I have left before this long competition season comes to a close.

When it's all over, I'll have run 18 meets this indoor and outdoor season.

I'll miss this track.






No comments:

Post a Comment