Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pre race day

Thursday, I ran an easy 800m on the road, did some stretching and one set of resistance.   Quads still slightly sore but ok, hope they will be good for Saturday.   I'm going to try physio tape (Rock tape), some say it helps protect vulnerable muscle groups.  (I doubt it, but it's worth a try).   I'm definitely a bit vulnerable to injury, but will be pretty well rested.

Weather in Danville, KY at Centre College looks perfect for the meet Sat.   60ºs in the morning, dry and sunny, light or no wind.   I hesitate to even think about this but ... this is the same track that I strained a ham in April... but Sat is a new day, and it's a decent track, although just 6 lanes.

Like the Senior Games, the KY Bluegrass Games assigns participants into age groups based on their age at the end of the year, so these will be my last competitions in the M50 age group - since I'm technically 54 for purposes of these events.  Which means, last chance to get M50 records.   Hey, it's the end of the season, I can run with a little pain to break a record, as long as it's not an all out muscle tear.   Feeling like I can get it done.

As Randall said, "all the hay is in the barn."

Photo - start of the 400m at the Striders all-comers meet on 6/5.  Dan and Randall on the left in lanes 8 and 7.


No comments:

Post a Comment