Wednesday, September 4, 2013

speed

Nice cool morning on the Dean Hayes track, about 63º in bright sunshine at 7:15am.  There were 2 African women sprinters on the track working out.  The women's soccer team came later, after I ran my first 300m.

I didn't want to do too much today, just some quality runs.   The first 300m was pretty much race pace - all out.  I set an ambitious goal of 41 (13/14/14) and beat it sightly.  It took a lot from me and the next one wasn't as fast.

900m warmup, stretches, drills  
Nike R3 spikes on 
2 x 300m event runs - 40.5, 42.5 
4 x 60m from blocks on the turn from 400m start, lane 4

I don't know what I must do to get that last 100m or the 400 in under 15.   That's the key to running fast again.  Not sure if I should 'attack' at the 220m mark like Latif Thomas instructs, or to 'dial it up gradually' at the 250m mark as others have suggested.  I ran my best and worst times when I attack the last turn.  Still learning this race, I guess.  If I don't break 58 this weekend, I'll be pretty bummed.

I have one more workout on Friday before the Sunday race.  Maybe some negative split 300s.

141.8 after workout.  Eating a bit more.  Still would like to be 138-139.  Ankle still an issue but not too bad.

I think it has finally clicked in the puny brain of the assist. soccer coach that once tried to eject me, that I have every right to be there, and that they'll be seeing me out there a lot.  They defiantly parked their golf cart on the track.  No problem.




No comments:

Post a Comment