Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Not 100%

At the Dean Hayes track this morning, it was a pleasant 67º and overcast in these last few days of summer.   I came to do the same speed workout as last Wednesday but was unable to due to slight pain in upper quads.  It was only apparent when I dialed it up to near maximum effort, but not a problem at 400m pace.   So, after a few attempts at speed, I still needed a workout so I ran a fast 400 and 300.

Saucony Virrata trainers on 
900m warmup, stretches, drills 
200m - 27 
150m - 19 
80m  
400m - 60.5 
300m - 45.5

The 400 felt fine.  I am undecided about the meet on Sat.  I could probably run a decent 400 but I shouldn't run the 200... and it's well over 2 hrs drive each way.  I don't know... 5 hrs in the car for 56 sec of racing?  Well, that's what I train for and it's my second to last chance before Dec.   Hmmmm.....
I don't know.   I am also dubious about attempting a 100m race in 11 days as well.  Need some good quad and ham strengthening resistance work later tonight or tomorrow.   Probably will decide Friday morning.   I want to get to Sewanee and do some projects this weekend, so I may skip Jackson.

Weight is good:  140.4 after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment