Monday, September 16, 2013

Back on track in Sewanee


My first workout this year at the University's Coughlan track in Sewanee ... surrounding their new godawful astroturf field.   Nice to have the track back and wow, it badly needs a resurface which doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

Perfect morning to suffer through some tempo endurance... low 60s and clear at 6:50am.   I still had some lingering soreness in my groin and quad, but not too bad.  No fast running today.

I did a one up from last workout by doing all five 400s with 2 min rest ... and of course, suffered on the last one.  Then I took 5 and did one faster.

500m warmup, stretches, drills 
5 x 400m with 2 min rest between - 69, 69, 72, 73, 83 
5 min rest 
400m - 66

I wish I had my foam roller and hot tub with me here in Sewanee.  Weight is good: 140.8 lbs after workout, despite my constant munching on figs and walnuts the past few days.  I may do stadium stairs on Wed. and get some good resistance in tonight or tomorrow.

Sooo very quiet out here on the bluff this beautiful morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment