Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Back on track

Sunset on the Dean Hayes was a clear, pleasant 55º and falling, with a light breeze.  Members of the track team were just leaving when I got there.  I had an appetite for work today since the 9 day lay off, but after a little taste of pain in a swift 600m, my appetite subsided.   It was harder than it looks on paper.  Harder than usual.
600m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
600m - 1:42 
500m - 85 
400m - 62 
300m - 46
Looking at previous 'ladder down' workouts, today was a bit slower than one from season peak last April, but faster than one last March.

Still need both quality and quantity.   This one leaned toward quality speed endurance as I took longer rest intervals and tried to keep up the speed.   Resistance tomorrow.

Inventory - My weight is good - 140.4 after workout, everything feels fine.


1 comment: