Friday, December 7, 2012

Pre Race Day - first meet of the season

Tomorrow, I'll run for the first time in an indoor track meet in December.

The MTSU Christmas Invitational will have 5 teams.   I'm far from fit but if I can get my mind right, I should be able to manage a 58... I hope.   I will most certainly finish last, as this is an NCAA Division I meet.  Slowest 400m time last year was 56.   The 57.40 I ran at MTSU was my second fastest time indoors.  So, who knows.   Last year I also ran a 59.00 in my first meet at MTSU.  Wow, that was discouraging.  Hope to not repeat that.  It's hard to keep pace when those 49sec 400m guys blow by me in the first 100m.  Probably be better to start inside so I run alone.  Anything but lane 1.

Have had a lingering slight upper quad/hip issue so I may not run the 200m.  I'll see how I feel after the 400m.  It'll be cool to be under the starting gun of my friend and fellow masters sprinter, Randall Brady.

Looking forward to it.   Results by mid afternoon Sat.



No comments:

Post a Comment