Wednesday, December 26, 2012

cold and slow


I put in a consecutive day on the track at my old high school in upstate NY to get in a workout before the coming snowstorm.   I didn't want to do much today so I tried to run faster...  but again, pretty slow.

Granted, conditions were extreme, about 24º, and crusty ice on some of the track.   Running in long tights and a light fleece over a long sleeve tech tee.  Why I expected to be able to run faster I don't know... it's still December.
    800m warmup, stretches, drills 
     saucony spikes on 
     3 x 400m - 61.5, 63.5, 68
Just remembering the good old days last July when I turned 3 x 400m all under 60.  I'm going to have to do more negative split 300s, 400s, and do some 200m tempo endurance workouts.   I'm a little heavy, 142.8  - from being around family and bread.

The snow storm here in NY has begun.  Good thing I didn't plan on racing tonight at the Armory.


No comments:

Post a Comment