Sunday, December 23, 2012

500s in mountain drizzle

43º felt warm today at Sewanee's Coughlan track. There was intermittent drizzle and a light breeze.  By the third 500, I was down to my sleeveless net tee and short tights.

No 'one-upsmanship' today.   Disappointed at the times.  I averaged about 2 seconds slower than my goal time and previous best 4 x 500m workouts.

I've trained at Sewanee a lot over the past few years... I wonder why I have NEVER seen a member of the college track team working out here?   Probably explains why I beat all their 400m guys last year.

I finished my warmup and started my first 500 just as the 12 o'clock bells were ringing - on this eve of Christmas eve.

600m warmup, stretches, drills 
saucony spikes on 
4 x 500m - 81, 83.5, 86, 88 (avg 84.6)

I guess I may have lost some foundation in the week off.  Maybe I need to go back to 600s?  Maybe 'father time' is catching up with me?

It's going to be hard to find a place to train in Conkin with snow expected but I'll bring my stuff just in case.  I hope to be on the track at least twice next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment