Saturday, December 8, 2012

Meet Report - MTSU Christmas Invitational

Decent start.  Better than last year.  

57.76 - 400m
25.61 - 200m

The best thing is that I have no strains or even a hint of an injury. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

It was my 4th fastest 400m time indoors and my 4th fastest 200m indoors.   I was pretty spent after the 400m and knew I wouldn't have much for the 200m only 70 min later.    It felt pretty good overall. Very fatiguing in the 400m but no serious rigging.   Considering I ran a 59.00 on this track on 1/21/12, I'm doing OK.   I was far more fatigued in those two January races where I ran about 59  (heh.... I even thought the timer made a mistake, I was so slow).

I entrusted my camera to bystanders to take photos of my starts.  Both failed miserably.   I did get a photo of my heat in the 200m, but not with me in it.   I had lane 6 and had already left the blocks.

My backup pair of Puma Bolts performed perfectly.   I didn't lose any spikes or crowns like I did Thursday doing starts.

Next week, I'm going to take some time off from the track and do some sorely needed resistance and 'pre-hab'... I want to run the 55m in Feb and don't want any more hamstring issues.

As expected, I finished last in both events, but not embarrassingly far behind.   I was happy to participate, it was exhilarating.   I left with a smile and no injuries, good to see my 'track family' again.

2 comments:

  1. No injuries and good early season times ... can't ask for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, my left groin is sore today.

    ReplyDelete