Wednesday, September 2, 2026

hard bike sprint

Went out into the hottest part of the day to do a hard bike sprint.   Heat index over 100ºF.  This one was closer to a max effort and I have now resumed stand up sprints on the bike.  I didn't do the entire 9:39 standing up but maybe 15% of it on the climbs.  

2.5 mile mountain bike sprint - Laurel Branch Trl

Time - 9:39

Avg speed - 13.8 mph

Max HR - 172

Avg HR - 162 (inc 1 min recovery at end) 

HR over 156 - 9:46

HR over 170 - 2:23

My 3rd or 4th fastest run of this circuit, and hard due to the weather.  Just 18 sec off my PR.    


I feel I can now do stand up biking without stressing my knee and can do it often.   This is my 4th biking workout in 5 days.  

142.4 lbs this morning.    Did my usual workout, 22 pullups, 35 pushups, dumbells.  

My body fat is at 12.2% according to the Hume Pod.

Things are coming together, I have now 5 concerts set up in the 4 weeks beginning Sept 29.  More on MUSIC and GUITAR that on my other blog.  Actively posting again on Bill's TN Paradise.


No comments:

Post a Comment