Cooler today, 70ºs by evening. Got the bike out to campus to do the 400m sprint intervals. Hard workout and not as fast as usual. I even failed to remain standing for the full 400m on the bike. Did go hard though.
4x400m bike sprints w/ 2:30 rest
top speed: 27.6, 26.1, 26.0, 26.2
Max HR -164
Interesting that again, max HR recorded after reps, not during.
At the track, did my usual warmup and stretches. Then put the offloader brace on for some run testing. Started with some drills and high knee running on turf. Then accelerated out of the high knee drill cautiously for short distances, 20m of actual running. Felt fine. Did it again. Felt real good in fact. So I did the same thing one final time and accelerated to sprint speed and held it for about 40 yds. It was awesome! Felt zero pain for the first time running in a while. I really wanted to do more but I shut it down.
Hopefully, and cautiously, more running to come. However, my return to running is going to be super slow, especially as I enter concert season. I'm thinking once every 2 weeks or so, maybe something like 4x50m on turf w/ 30 sec rest to test the waters. Then ramp up slowly.
Ate REALLY poorly last night, carbs. It put me down into a very sound nap, I woke up at 9pm, made tea (gave up my caffeine fast), and practiced for 3+ hrs. Then at 1:30am, went to the Cathedral to play my program, got home at 3:30 am, finally got to sleep about 5am. Musicians lifestyle not real healthy. Got to fight that. It was my first test of the high strung guitar in All Saints. I'll post some video on my other blog at some point.
Just a day of poor eating and I gained a few lbs, was about 145 when I woke up.
No comments:
Post a Comment