Friday, November 17, 2023

3x300m tempo

Mid 60ºs and cloudy, variable SE wind at the Sewanee track.  Good training weather for today's 'Unholy Trinity' 3x3w/3.   I was thinking briefly about upping to 4x3, but I'd need a much slower pace to finish, so I kept to 3x for now.  It was the fastest set of the season so far.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m, 50m

3 x 300m w/ 3min rest - 48.47, 50.07, 52.25 (50.26 avg)

100m - 13.22 

Happy to have one upped myself, with a 0.4 sec improvement over previous season's best 3x3w/3 avg.  This is comparable to where I was last year at this time, and I did complete a 4x3w/3 but it was avg 53+.  I did have an outlier 3x3w/3 set last yr in Sept where I broke 50 (49.84), but ran slower in subsequent tempo sessions.   Last yr, ran a 60.94 in trainers about this time, so similar shape.   

Weather looks fair through Mon, rain Tue, then fair and cooler rest of Thanksgiving week, in the 50ºs  Planning on a bike climb from the boat on Sun, but may possibly get a workout in before that in the morning.  Then may take Mon - Tue off and go Wed, Fri, Sun, Tues and maybe some consecutive days if I feel like it.  One more full week of school after Thanksgiving, it's gone by fast.  

Closing in on race weight, be there soon.  140.2 lbs after workout. 

Sporting the fabulous Hoka Rocket X2 trainers: 



1 comment: