Friday, November 10, 2023

3x300 tempo

Weather has changed.  Was cloudy, 55º, breezy, and the track was wet this late afternoon.  Knew I wasn't going to set any PRs today but I got it done.  The unholy trinity, 3x3w/3.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 100, bands, 50m

Hoka Rocket X2 trainers on

3 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 50.54, 51.34, 53.66 (51.84 avg)

This was 1.18 sec slower avg than the same set I did a week ago, but I'm ok with it.  Conditions weren't that great and happy I got it done.  With no real foundation and a lack of much serious cross training, I need an intensive tempo every week and 2 if I can do it.   

Still not superlight.  Eating one meal a day and ranging daily from about 141 after workout to 145.5 lbs after dinner.  With 4 weeks before first indoor races, I have time to get to race weight.  When I'm alone, I can usually lose the weight easier and focus on my training.   I will be alone for Thanksgiving week so hope to make gains then.   

Weather looks good for Sun and Tues training.  Generally about 60º.  



2 comments:

  1. Never have seen a sprinter with that amount of mass, but I'm sure he's fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mass with incredible foot speed. I find 130 RPM to be difficult in training he’s winding out at 250ish. Phenom.

    ReplyDelete